If you’re in the market for a new copier, one option is to lease it. However, there are also many reasons why leasing might not be the best choice for your office, and we will discuss those today. Copiers can be leased or rented from an outside company like CopyRight Solutions, and they come with several benefits, including lower upfront costs and flexible payment options. For more information on what’s the difference between copier rental vs leasing, read below
If you are in Chicago and you are looking for a Copier for your business, you may contact Clear Choice Technical Services in Chicago. You can ask about Copier Leasing Services in Chicago, Copier rental services in Chicago.
Here are the benefits of renting a copier…
- Lower upfront costs: Rental copiers often have a lower initial outlay of capital than leasing a photocopier.
- Flexible payment options: Renting allows for flexibility in the way you pay your monthly and annual payments, which can be beneficial if unforeseen circumstances lead to cash flow issues.
- Easily upgradeable with new technology: Copiers can be upgraded to more recent models at any time without incurring additional costs.
The downsides, however, are…
- Frequent maintenance costs: Rental copiers require costly upkeep, leading to higher monthly or annual payments.
- No ownership rights/duties: Renters don’t have any control over how the machine is maintained, so if a breakdown occurs, they would be left with no other option but to replace it if parts are not available on hand.
Here are the benefits of leasing a copier…
- Lower monthly payments
- No responsibility for repairs
- You can buy at the end of your lease term
- Low upfront costs
- Flexible payment options
- Less downtime for equipment when repairs are needed
It also has downsides…
- Higher purchase price when compared to renting
- Longer commitment period
Some businesses may not require an expensive long-term commitment and might opt to rent. It all comes down to what is best for you!
Copiers can be leased or rented from an outside company, and they come with several benefits, including lower upfront costs and flexible payment options.
If you are still unsure of the difference between copier rental and leasing, in simpler terms, leasing a copy machine is often cheaper than renting one. In addition, companies that lease can also deduct their payments from taxes on business expenses in some cases. Copiers are purchased with contracting for long periods and may be more expensive to buy when compared to renting them monthly or as needed. If your company’s budget allows it, leasing might be a better option!
When it comes to leasing a copy machine or renting one, the choice can be complicated. Leasing is often cheaper than rental, but there are some drawbacks, as well.
- Copiers purchased with contracting for long periods at once may be more expensive (but offer tax benefits)
- Monthly payments and variable costs make leasing difficult
- Higher cost of administration from dealing with contracts makes leasing more costly when compared to monthly rentals
What’s right for you?
The answer is different for everyone. You have to weigh the pros and cons of both options before deciding which one will work best with your company’s needs.
- Leasing may be cheaper, but you’ll need a more extended contract
- Renting might require more upfront payment or monthly payments that can fluctuate from month to month
A rental might seem like a more affordable solution in general, but there are some cases where leasing is cheaper because it has a more extended contract. The monthly payments can fluctuate too with renting, so it may not always be predictable, which means it could end up being more expensive.